Using its specialized tethered aerostat balloon, DDIS can help determine ideal turbine locations:
• Balloon based scouting of multiple possible sites.
• Elevation-based wind measurements at each site.
After the sites have been determined, DDIS can provide simulations of proposed wind turbines’ and wind farms’ visual impacts:
• Line-of-sight cross-sections and visibility maps.
• Seasonal changes and vegetation growth estimates.
• Shadow coverage areas and animation of shadow flicker.
• Developments of camouflage schemes and other impact mitigation options.
• Public visibility tests, including demonstration of required FAA lighting and expected acoustic impact.