DDIS specializes in providing unbiased, replicable studies of large engineering and architectural projects. This is expressed through our visual impact studies, viewshed analyses, or mitigation strategies. Once clients see our clear and replicable methodologies and factual simulations, they want us aboard as the case goes before the public. Over the past 20 years DDIS President Curt Westergard, ASLA, has been accepted as an expert witness in front of various State Corporation Commissions, Public Service Commissions and various municipal and federal zoning agencies. With contributions from Photo Analyst / project manager Ryan Shuler, DDIS’s preparations and persuasive public presentations have made the critical difference is winning difficult, contentious cases for their clients.
– Qualified as an expert witness before the Zoning Review Board in Carbon County PA. DDIS’s 105 page illustrated report methodically addressed the proposed height and visibility issues connected to the country’s tallest, planned wind turbine farm.
– Qualified as an expert before DC office of Zoning in case 16-23. Case focused on DDIS illustrations that factually and systemically proved the height inaccuracies of a developer’s renderings. Client: Citizens for Responsible Development. 2019
– Qualified as an expert before the Montgomery County MD Special Exception Case # 2729 Historic Area Work and its appeal in front of the Board of Appeals Cases focused on proposed impacts and mitigation strategy for a proposed cell tower. Client Verizon Wireless. 2008
– Qualified as an Expert Witness before the State Corporation Commission during the Dominion Virginia Power proceedings on the Garrisonville Substation. 2007. DDIS graphics and testimony quantified how many residences would see the proposed new power line. Client Dominion Virginia Power.
– Presented as an Expert Witness before the Public Service Commission of Maryland in the Matter of Potomac Edison, Case # 9018 for a certificate of public convenience and necessity for the Urbana 230 kv. transmission line. DDIS produced 3d visualizations and supporting testimony to help the power company reach agreement with the community. Case focused on simulations and impacts of 5 distinct power line alternatives near Urbana Maryland. Client Allegheny Power. Circa 2005 and 2006.
– Qualified as an Expert Witness for the Broad Run Transmission Line, (for DOM) appearing before the Virginia State Corporation Commission. DDIS’s tower spacing suggestions helped reduce the visibility of the power lines near 3 residential communities. 2005.
– Presented Expert Testimony in 2004 the Broad Run Transmission Line (on behalf of for the community group Dupont Fabros) appearing before the Virginia State Corporation Commission. DDIS supported the surrounding community and emerging Internet Data Center with photorealistic unbiased depictions of the 230 kv power lines bisecting the residential community 2003.